03 November 2010

Lanvin x H& M


This past week, H&M has finally let us have a look at the highly anticipated Lanvin collaboration collection. I had high expectations, and the end result was not quite what I had anticipated after watching the odd, artsy campaign video.

The styling of the lookbook for the collection was rather reassuring. Each piece stands out with bold colors and strong shapes and fabrics, but when combined correctly, they create looks that are quite sensational. Some reflect trends of this fall/winter season, but others are completely unique, such as the bright yellow-greens and fiery shades of pink. I find his textural play with ruffles and sheer fabrics of strong blacks and whites quite enticing. (And all of the men's pieces are excellent, I might add..) I'm praying that my little H&M will be one of the 200 stores recieving some of this line, but it will be worth driving into the city for, especially the furs and sunglasses! The entire collection is viewable online on the Vogue UK site.

No comments:

Post a Comment